When it comes to managing Atrial Fibrillation (AFib), meds are the go-to choice. They control the heart rhythm, stimulate a healthy heart rate, and reduce the possibility of serious complications.
But, there is a limit to what meds can do, and the rest of it is in your hands. That’s where lifestyle changes and healthy habits can come in.
- Cook highly nutritious and well-balanced meals;
- Watch your vitamin K intake;
- Pick the right exercise;
- Avoid smoking;
- Avoid too much caffeine;
- Stay away from emotional pressure and stress;
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
However, the management of AFib depends on three noticeable factors:
- Rate control;
- Rhythm control;
- Prevention of thromboembolism.
Methods how to do that:
- ECG/EKG reading device;
- Pharmacological therapy;
- Cardioversion therapy;
- Surgical procedure.